Purposes of the Organization
- To keep the Alumni Association of the University of Michigan and its affiliate organizations informed of the progress of the University, especially in relation to the concerns, needs, goals, and interests of lesbians, bisexuals, and gays [les-bi-gays].
- To promote a positive campus environment at The University of Michigan for les-bi-gay students, faculty, and staff by 1) increasing the visibility of les-bi-gay alumni to create awareness of their contributions to the University and society in general; and 2) decreasing homophobia, discrimination, and violence against les-bi-gays on the various University campuses as well as in the wider University community.
- To provide a forum for the exchange of information, ideas and resources in an effort to improve the status of U of M les-bi-gay alumni, students, faculty, and staff.
- To create and maintain a pool of alumni who can function as mentors/role models for les-bi-gay students, as well as resources for faculty and staff on les-bi-gay issues.
- To establish a formal mechanism for promoting camaraderie among les-bi-gay alumni, students, faculty, staff and friends of The University of Michigan.
- To develop and administer scholarship programs and activities that will support current and future les-bi-gay students and their programs at The University of Michigan.