HELP US LEAD OUR SACRAMENTO ALUMNI CLUB!!!
We would like to invite any of you interested in helping to lead our club to please consider letting us know if you are interested in one of the positions listed below. We also have positions open for committee chair persons as well. The board elections will be held by June 30, 2017 when our terms (2 year terms) are up. If you are interested or would like further information, please respond to this notice or call Brenda Kidd at 916-419-3997. Thank you.
A brief summary of board position responsibilities is listed below. The full Articles and Bylaws for the club can be found either on our website or the AAUM website.
- Supervising and coordinating activities
- Calling and presiding over meetings
- Serving as principle liaison with the University, the Alumni Association and other organizations
- Approval of all communications sent on behalf of the club
First Vice President
- Presiding over meetings in the absence of the President
- Assuming the duties of the President in his/her absence or inability to complete his/her term
- Second Vice President
- Assume duties of the First Vice President in his/her absence or if unable to complete his/her term
- Taking and distributing meeting minutes at Board and special meetings
- Tallying votes from the Board and general membership
- Maintaining the current Articles of Association, Bylaws and Addendums
- Preparing all appropriate correspondence
- Preparing an annual budget based on input from the board
- Preparing Treasurer's reports of operating funds
- Receiving, disbursing, and transferring all funds paid to or by the club
- Maintaining the permanent record of all financial matters
- Preparing a final report for the prior fiscal year
- Assisting in preparation of event-based budgets and related record keeping
Director at Large
- Serving as a liaison
- Representing the diverse interests of the general membership
- Assisting in the administration of the club
PLEASE CONSIDER BECOMING A BOARD MEMBER AND HELP US KEEP OUR SACRAMENTO CLUB ACTIVE AND VIABLE! THANK YOU!