Be More Involved:
As they say, "it takes a village."
We are a Club of volunteers and it is our fellow alumni, friends, and fans who make these and other events happen. If you have a little time and want to meet others who like to cheer the maize & blue, either in the classroom or on the field of play, please volunteer to plan and/or assist an event or two!
We usually limit the meeting time (unless you want to meet for an adult beverage or cup of joe), but have a good time while attending and executing our events. Just drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, let us know what interests you, and we will make good use of your time and talent.
Committees & Project Leaders
The U of M Club of Grand Traverse focuses on five key areas, with several activities and projects taking place throughout the year. Suggestions and participation are most welcome! We welcome involvement at any time and at any capacity. If you are interested in joining a committee or project group, please contact the club leaders below or email: email@example.com.
- Community Service Team (chair - Katrina Fritz)
- Regional volunteer opportunities, held throughout the year
- Student Support Team
- Scholarships (chair - Dee Lynch; co-chair - Marilyn Wilmot)
- Student Send-Off (chair - Mary Gillett)
- University Support Team
- Traverse City Film Festival (chair - Ellen Fivenson)
- Lifelong Learning Programs
- University Requests/Projects in Northern Michigan (contact - Mary Gillett)
- Social Team
- Golf Outing (chair - Chris Rogers, co-chair - Michael Gano)
- Holiday Happy Hour (chair - Kim Marian)
- Alumni Band (chair - Pete Deneen)
- National Cherry Festival Float
- Family Picnic
- Game Watch Gatherings (chair - Dayna Ryan)
- Communications Team (contact - Mary Gillett):
- Web, PR, Social Media, Database, Historian